
My beautiful sister, Ashley! photo by James Michael Liu.
The weekend was really really really fun.
Friday:
I drove down with Britt. We hitched a ride with the best friend of the groom down to Vegas. I ate a cupcake for breakfast and I felt pretty dang good about it. When we got there, we hung out around the house and got dolled up. My dad was there and he and I bantered a bit. He is one of my most favorite people!
For dinner, we met up with the sisters and Jinny and grabbed some Pei Wei. I went next door for a Chipotle burrito, however, because it is the best. The line for Chipotle was ridiculously long, though! Anyway, we all sat in Pei Wei and ate. Karalee and Janelle both have new babies, so they got passed around and snuggled. I made everyone laugh, right, because I'm super hilarious and charming.
After, we headed to Jinny's for a mini-bachelorette party. There were Italian cream sodas, kettle corn, and maui onion chips dipped in sour cream (a favorite snack in my family that I want everyone to know ORIGINATED WITH ME, OKAY????!?!?!). I stayed at Jinny's and we had a slumber party on the living room floor and stayed up late talking about married life and our friendship and how happy we are and how much we love each other.
Saturday:
Jinny and I got up and sluggishly made our way through the morning. She and her husband wrestled and giggled for like a half an hour, but that's ok because I was finishing the book for Kristin. Then she and I went around running errands, primarily finding a tie for the groom because the one Ashley had ordered ended up being more gold than yellow. We found a suitable choice at Ross, which is good, because it was only eight dollars. Which is good because with my family, I think it's unlikely I'm getting reimbursed. I'll just call it a wedding gift.
Jinny dropped me off at home and I got ready for the wedding. I wore this super hot green dress I got for Christmas (thanks, Mother-in-law!) with a peacock feather in my hair. This is probably my favorite thing about my new hair cut—it is just BEGGING to be accessorized.
We made it to the wedding and it was a really lovely ceremony. Ashley and Andrew had a real nice, long just-married kiss. I totally teared up. I'm so happy for them and the journey they are setting out on. I know they will treat each other well, and I'll be happy to have Andrew as a brother.
The ceremony was followed by dinner and we sent the couple off in style with some fancy sparklers.
After that, I went with my mom to drop Kristin off at the airport. I really love Kristin. She's the classiest, most gracious person I know. Then it was bed!
Sunday
Got up and ready for church. I looked sassy, of course. Church was awkward because it is my old ward with all the old people from high school, and while they were nice enough, it's just weird. It's the kind of thing where we know we both know who the other is, but neither will actually go and say hi? Awkward.
After church, most of the fam came over for a brunch of Hawaiian haystacks. They were very excellent. I said good bye to everyone and got packed, and then we took off. I spent most of the drive home getting reacquainted with the first season of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and giggling to myself in the backseat.
I was so, SO happy to see Chris again! I kept smelling him all night and telling him how good he smelt and hugged him a lot.
So, that was my weekend. It pretty much rocked. I love Jinny, I love my fam, and I love you!
1 comment:
Your sister makes for a gorgeous bride! I'm glad your trip went well. Congratulations to the newlywed couple!
Post a Comment