Friday, March 11, 2011

my day in 10


1.
Started working on a journal for Kristin. I am trying something new, but it involves very fine motor skills. I'm a little nervous. But I think it will turn out super fantastico. Probably.
2. Packed to head to Vegas tomorrow. My sister Ashley is getting married on Saturday (exciting!) so I'm heading down there for the event. Sadly, Chris already had some stuff on his side of the family, so he won't be going with me.
3. This will be the first time since we got married that we will be apart for any real length of time. Or sleep apart. It makes me sad to think about.
4. I got a hair cut! I actually went through with it and chopped it short. I really really like it, and so does the hubby. In fact, I think he really actually likes it! Neither of us was much expecting that. I figured it would be just another funny/crazy thing I do that he love me despite of. But he was staring at me all day and told me he really sincerely thinks it's fab.
5. Picked up Chris and we had an early date night. We had pupusas (my first time!). They were so, so, so delicious. Also, Sangria. Need I say more?
6. I got to attempt to speak in Spanish. I still have no idea what native speakers say to me (they speak so fast!) but I felt more confident with my recent brushing up I've had to do to understand El Libro de Mormón. I really want to be fluent soonish.
7. Hung out with Rob and Lauren (Chris's brother and his wife). They are good people! Also, Rob beat me in Words with Friends for the first time. Wah wah waaaah.
8. I hung out with Brittany and her roommates. I'm sleeping at her place so that Chris wouldn't have to drop me off before work, which would be potentially stressful. I was a little slaphappy and said many inappropriate things.
9. Titanic was on the TV because it was playing on ABC Family. I really dislike that movie. Also, the old lady who plays Rose when she is old is a really, really bad actress. Remember the little grunt she makes when she chucks that tacky looking diamond overboard? She is pretty terrible.
10. Talked about what makes a good marriage with Britt and the roommates. And while I was the only one who could currently directly apply the discussion, it was fun and really enlightening. It's all about love and all those good things that come along with it, right? Like forgiveness and charity, long-suffering and compassion. That kind of stuff. I want to be a better wife. I mean, I am a pretty great one already. But even Everest could be taller, amiright?

2 comments:

Karalee said...

Love the hair. Cannot wait to squeeze your face!

Kristin said...

I love you! The journal rocks. Everest COULD be taller. Your new 'do is hot. You make me smile.