Walking home from church, it seemed that all the flowers had decided to sprout at once. Tulips popping up and blooming everywhere, amidst daffodils and honeysuckle. The air smells clean and sweet and the sun feels warm.
At the corner of A St. and 4th, Chris suddenly says, "Rooster?!"
And sure enough, strutting around ahead, is a rooster, looking sleek and pecking around, his comb flopping with each thrust of his head. We stop and stare at him for a while. What a funny thing to see in the Avenues—a rooster loose.
We resume our walk, arm in arm.
"Why don't we take a picnic later today?" I ask Chris. He agrees that this is an excellent idea.
I cook up some recipes I've been looking forward to making all week:
Then we pack them up in a tote and head up to Memorial Park, and eat overlooking the Capitol Building.

It's a little windy, but the sun feels wonderful and dinner is delicious. We talk about our plans for moving out to North Carolina. We decide to spend the two weeks before we drive out east to visit family and friends.
We cuddle on the grass. I love that Chris and I are not much different than we were a year ago—still loving each other, kissing even in public, wanting to always be touching. It's more comfortable now, with a bit less sexual tension, but somehow it's even more wonderful.
Love and good food and laughter—these are what a lazy Sunday afternoons are made for.

3 comments:
You forgot to mention the protest/march. That was almost more random than the rooster.
What was being protested??? Did you LOVE P-dub's ceasar dressing... or what? I haven't made that in a good long while, but we love it at our house! Sooo fun! You guys are too cute. I miss green! Love your blogs!
I love this post. :) To answer your question, reupholstering the chairs wasn't hard at all. Andrew just cut the fabric, pulled it tight over the base of the chair and used a staple gun to attach it. It is a little time-consuming, though, so make sure you have a few hours to spare.
Post a Comment