Monday, April 11, 2011

Eew, spiders.

I've spent the morning cleaning out my closet, which is a terrifying project because there are spiders in there. Like, a lot of them. SPIDERS THE SIZE OF MY HAND. I saw at least three, and after recovering from some serious heebie-jeebies, I grabbed the vacuum and sucked those suckers up. I feel really bad killing bugs/spiders, but not so much that I can handle running into them cleaning my closet. Nope.com, peoples!

Chris and I got a new car. We actually got it while ago but I guess I forgot to mention it here? Because whatever. Anyway, it's a 2008 blue Nissan Versa, and I pretty much lurve it. It's nice to be having our own care to worry about instead of feeling bad/worrying about breaking others' vehicles.

Chris and I are coming up to the end of the month-long menu that we were trying. Some of the meals were WAY good, some were just ok, some I felt like I didn't quite do right. But overall, I was really pleased with the results. Some favorites were: Salsa fry-up, pad thai, lentil-herder's pie, Irish goulash, ginger garlic stir fry, sag daal, tortilla casserole, and pizza. I got some great, easy new recipes that I love, and even better, I got the motivation to try some new recipes. Also, I got some healthier alternatives to some old favorites that were pretty heavy and calorie-loaded (veggie enchiladas).

No comments: