Chris and I decided to make some goals for the rest of the year. Because making goals once a year is for people who only want to feel like failures in February. But me and Chris? We like to fail often and with style.
In any case, one of the goals I made was to try one new recipe a week—dinner, dessert, appetizer, side dish, hor d’ourves—whatever. I tend to get in a cooking rut, as I’m sure many other designated family chefs do. Mine tend to be particularly bad, however, because following recipes bores me. I tend to just make things that don’t require a recipe—you know, spaghetti out of a box with sauce from a can, or salad, or enchiladas.
Also, when I cook? It’s a complete mess. And I do mean complete. Chris describes my cooking methods as “kamikaze,” “inventive” and “unorthodox.” Cooking tried-and-true recipes is tempting fate. Trying new ones is mooning her while laughing in her face. How could she not take a swat?
But I’m sticking my derriere out in the wind and making a tradition of “Menu Mondays.” Every Monday, I’ll try a new recipe, let you know how it went, post some scary pictures and a how-to.
Look forward to the first, which will be German chocolate cake.
2 comments:
Oh hey so I'd like to give this to you: http://bit.ly/acB1vB Cheers!!
You are SO stinking hilarious! The whole mooning bit had me ROFL. Thanks!
Post a Comment