Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Marriage, thank you's, writing. And stuff.


In recent news, I got married to a man who is good and great and awesome. He treats me so well.

utah wedding photographer

Married life is an adjustment. But a good one. As always, being with Chris makes me want to be better, kinder, more loving. And who better to help me than the love of my life?


Oh and check out Jason McGrew, our Utah wedding photographer, he's VUNDERBAR. He’s based out of Salt Lake and he is affordable, very talented, and was a dream to work with. Chris even liked him, and he doesn’t like any photographers.


I have been working on thank you cards for a week now. They have taken a surprisingly long time to do. My goal is to have them sent by the end of the month. Still, I do love writing them. There is something about a hand-written note that will always be special.


Isn’t it funny to think that just a few decades ago, “note” wouldn’t have needed the description of hand-written? They were all hand-written. Just saying.


I’ve started my internship at the New Era. I really love it, actually. I was worried, because I knew that the magazine obviously has a very specific audience and a strict set of standards. They are very careful about what they put in. But it is not bad at all, and it’s kind of nice to get to research and write about my religion.


Also, the place lacks the groupthink I was worried about. You’re allowed to dissent, a little. At least, I hope we are, because I have dissented already. You know, a little.


What I really love about my job, though, is that I get to talk to awesome young people, interview them, talk to them about their beliefs. And then I get to write their stories. Cheesy, maybe, but it’s kind of an honor.


So I’m revving up this blog engine once more. Life is calming down, and though I get tons of chances to write at work, I still need an outlet. Somewhere to put thoughts that don’t have to shuffle through three departments before finally being published.


Isn’t the internet wonderful?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you are having fun and happy. I haven't heard anything, so I figured that must be good, but it was nice to read it. Keep up the good writing!

Janelle said...

Fun to read! I want to see more pictures! Email me the links to your wedding photos and bridals... please, pretty please! I love you. You are so fun to read!

AubreyMo said...

You love wonderful in that tea-length dress, dear. Love that your posting again. My goal was to get our thank you cards done end of September but it got pushed back a bit. It is fun though, to write them. Much funner than just writing addresses.

And congrats on the internship. I think you have a much better chance of reaching young audiences than some 60 year old bag with no sense of humor (said nicely, of course).

Kristin said...

So, will we get to see your name in print in Derek's copy of the New Era in the near future!!?? So exciting! That does sound like a cool job!