Friday, June 13, 2008

So, it's been well over a month since I posted, so I thought it was about time.
My birthday was yesterday! It was a pretty chill day, but fun. Thanks to everyone who called or sent me a card! That meant a lot to me.
I had a class that went from 6:00-8:45, but afterwards I made Texas sheet cake and had people over to eat it. I can't make it as well as Ashley can, but it was still good--definitely edible! Drew also came over, and he sang me the "Happy Birthday" song from Norway (where he went on his mission). It was pretty awesome; he even translated it for me.
Drew and I are still dating, but still taking it slow. It's hard to find time to hang out since I've been crazy busy and had tons of school work.
Um, what else? Apparently I inspired Tess to learn to the ukulele, and her and I have been jamming lately--her on the uke, me on the cello. It's pretty hilarious/awesome. There is a ward talent show next week and we are planning to perform "Modern Girl" by Sleater-Kinney (which I doubt any of you have heard :D). We are dorks, though, and since I have a microphone, we made a recording of us playing/singing. I uploaded the recording below (it will just be audio--no picture). It's pretty soft so turn up your speakers.


Other exciting things: I rearranged my bedroom so that my desk is in my closet. Now I can fit my matress on the floor underneath my loft bed! That is exciting; the room has a much nicer feel to it. Also, I don't realy like sleeping so far off the floor. It's kind of weird.
Classes have been going well, although I still feel behind. I think that is probably just how this semester's going to go, though. But, I will be out of school five weeks from today! July 18th! So it will all be over too soon; I can hang on a little longer.
Well, Tess and I are probably going to go to Idaho Falls tonight for a B-Day celebration. We will probably have dinner and maybe shop or see the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton! sigh).
I love you all!

Elyssa Jean

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Where's the recording of your "jam" session? I REALLY wanted to hear it! I'm glad you had a good b-day and are doing well. We'll have to talk soon. I love you!!! It was fun to read your post.

Janelle said...

I'll second the Edward Norton (sigh), and he was hot in the movie! I recommend it! I loved your creative writing. The one about mom and dad's room really took me back! I love you and miss you!