My alarm went off, the semi-cheery chorus of Psapp's "Hi" waking me. I groggily silenced it a couple times, then managed to drag myself out of bed. I lumbered around, ate a banana and was just about to start doing my hair when a sudden thought made my stomach lurch: I forgot to take that Spanish test. Yes, THAT test. The one that closed last night.
I frantically e-mailed my teacher, and she agreed to let me take it today and give me half credit for it. I did, and I think I actually did fairly well.
Still, I am furious with myself. So, so mad. 23+ points for that class, which is my toughest. Not what I needed.
And more than that is that I just know I haven't been working as hard as I should be. I have been working hard, but I could be doing more. I should be following the counsel of Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley when he said, "Just do the best you can, but be sure it is your very best."
Ah well. Tomorrow will be another day. Another week will come soon.
Hopefully I will get cracking a little more.
2 comments:
Be nice to yourself! If you aren't, why would anyone else be? We all do things like that now and then. Put the Lord first--everything else will fall into its proper place or drop out of your life. (Pres. Benson's famous quote summarized) I love you--even though you forgot to take your Spanish test on time. :) Wish you were here!
we have all forgoten things every once and a while. dont beat yourself up love. you are blessed and the lord wont let you fall as long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.
i love you!
if you ever need anything you have my number
or im 2 hops 2 skips and 2 jumps away from you in birch plaza 107 next to you in carrige house!
again love, i love you and am here for you!
<3
Post a Comment